Welcome to the Code_Aster Users TWiki
This web is designed to allow users to contribute and share experiences with Code_Aster
. Here you can find information on the code including installation, usage, documentation, examples and other miscellaneous things that might be of interest.
Please note that to have full access to this TWiki you must register. To do so, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name and affiliation.
- 2012.05.21: new development version 11.1.22 of Code_Aster available on cluster
- 2011.12.15: new development version 11.1.1 of Code_Aster available on cluster
- 2011.09.21: new development version 11.0.22 of Code_Aster available on cluster
- 2011.08.19: Salome-Meca 2011.2 available on the project website
- 2011.08.19: new development version 11.0.17 of Code_Aster available on cluster
- 2011.07.05: Homard 10.1 available on the clusters
- 2011.07.01: Code_Aster crash problems on RedQueen solved
Code_Aster versions installed on clusters
STA9 - Operating version 9.4.0 (03 Dec 2008)
NEW9 - Operating version 9.4.11 (07 May 2009)
OLD10 - Operating version 10.2.29 (30 Nov 2010)
STA10 - Operating version 10.3.23 (30 Mar 2011)
NEW11 - Development version 11.1.22 (21 May 2012)
An official forum
is hosted on the Code_Aster
website. You can post in French and English any question regarding Code_Aster
usage and installation. It's also the right place to ask for questions regarding the Salome-Meca
Please, contribute to the official forum! The goal is to build a Code_Aster
international community around it!
Code_Aster on University parallel clusters
You can use Code_Aster
on the following University parallel clusters:
- RedQueen- each job can use up to 16 GB RAM and 8 CPUs
- RedQueen2- each job can use up to 24 GB RAM and 12 CPUs
is active for the moment. OpenMPI
is up the way (an experimental OpenMPI
version is available on RedQueen
). The software is installed in /software/Code_Aster
you can find useful informations on how using Code_Aster
on University parallel clusters.
The Salome-Meca package (for Linux) can be downloaded from Code_Aster web-site
The Salome package (for Linux) can be downloaded from the project web-site
A testing version of Salome for Windows has been released. You can download it from here
Tutorials (in English) for Salome covering all the aspects of the software are available from user section
of the project web-site.
Code_Aster for Windows
An unofficial Windows porting of Code_Aster can be download from NECS web-site
Courses for Code_Aster and Salome
All the courses and material on the use of Code_Aster and Salome will be uploaded here. Check the files in the attachment section of this page.
A three days training session is organised in Manchester university by EDF and the Modelling and Simulation Centre from the 2nd to 4th July 2012. Files for the practical sessions can be downloaded here.
Command files to be used during the session : holes.tar.gz
Some links that might be helpful. Some links that might be helpful.