Discussion Forum » Code_Saturne » ustsns.f90!! qdm and crvexp(iel)

more

hello, Please i want an answer for these questions: 1- in the subroutine "ustsns" qdm it means?

2- in Results for case Channel Flow (cited as a test case on this site), the source terms is given by: crvexp(iel) = volume(iel)/qdm*propce(iel,ipcrom) while in base reference it is given by: crvexp(iel) = volume(iel)*qdm can you please tell me why this difference in writing

3- how to consider a fluid with an other viscosity compared to test case of Channel Flow?

I thank you

-- NajlaElGharbi - 2011-01-10

I think that I have badly explaine my problem...

I am a new user of code-saturne and I am very interesting by the test case1. I want to use air instead of water, and I want to change the geometry and Re number, but I found some difficulty can someone enlightens me.

1- in the subroutine "ustsns" what qdm it means?

2- in the subroutine "ustsns" for case 1, the source terms is given by:

crvexp(iel) = volume(iel)/qdm*propce(iel,ipcrom)

while in base reference it is given by:

crvexp(iel) = volume(iel)*qdm

can you please tell me why this difference in writing

3- how to consider air in the subroutine "ustsns"?

thank you to answer to my request.

-- NajlaElGharbi - 2011-01-11

Hi,

the units of qdm in the case, crvexp(iel) = volume(iel)*qdm is Pascal/meter

this term permits to drive the flow.

In the ustsns you can download thanks to the following link, I give a mass flow rate and I keep it constant. This subroutine works with RANS models by reading the density and the reference velocity noted down in the GUI.

https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/general-usage/10359587#727725548

May be it could help you...

Sylvain

-- SylvainSerra - 2011-01-12

hello Sylvain, Many thanks for your answer. I will use your subroutine for my 2D case and I will inform you Kind Regards

-- NajlaElGharbi - 2011-01-13

Hi, I have a problem to put periodic BC in saturne GUI. please can you tell me how to put my BC in mesh-->periodic. I thank you

-- NajlaElGharbi - 2011-01-21

Hi, You can do that through the GUI. To introduce the periodic boundary conditions you need to edit the runcase file if you are not using the GUI. You need to know the names or "colours" of the periodic boundaries and the translation vector (or rotation matrix). Have a look at the runcase.help file where it is explained in detail.

-- JuanUribe - 2011-01-21

thank you Juan for you answer. I can do my simulation for periodic boundary conditions, I have use Sylvain ustsns.f90 subroutine: https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/general-usage/10359587#727725548

but his subroutine is for unsteady flow, I want to simulate steady flow. can you please tell me if it is correct to use the same subroutine and put dt=1! when he calculate dp! thank you very much

-- NajlaElGharbi - 2011-01-28

Current Tags:
create new tag
, view all tags
Topic revision: r7 - 2011-01-28 - 12:27:42 - NajlaElGharbi

Computational Fluid Dynamics and Turbulence Mechanics
@ the University of Manchester
Copyright © by the contributing authors. Unless noted otherwise, all material on this web site is the property of the contributing authors.

%TMPL:DEF{"top:toolbarbuttons"}Raw editAttachPrint version