STRATIFIED JUNCTION TUTORIAL
and Version 2.0.rc2
The case is a junction of a cold and a hot pipes. The cold pipe inlet creates a stratified field in the horizontal leg when meeting the hot fluid.
This is a more detailed version of the tutorial that comes with the official documentation. It include step-by-step guide for those not familiar with the first steps in Code_Saturne
such as the creation of the case structure, launching the GUI and modifying subroutines.
There are two versions of this tutorial:
- The stand alone pdf version that can be run using the files in the Code_Saturne installation. This requires ParaView for post processing.
- The video tutorials that show step by step how to create the geometry, build the mesh, run the calculation and post process the results. This uses the open source Salome platform with Code_Saturne for all steps. See here
With this tutorial you will learn how to set up a case with the following features:
- Variable density and viscosity
- Use of user subroutine usphy.F
- Post process of instantaneous results
For the pdf version check:
For video tutorials of the whole CFD process check the following files:
- mesh.swf: Video tutorial on how to generate the mesh for the stratified pipe junction
- geometry.swf: Video tutorial on how to create the geometry for the stratified pipe junction.
- launch.swf: Video tutorial on how to set up Code Saturne and launch the calculation for the stratified pipe junction.
- postpro.swf: Video tutorial on how to load the results for the stratified pipe junction and post process them.
- The two tutorials are for the same case but with different meshes. both are coarse meshes but the one created within Salome is finer and therefore takes much longer to compute.
- It is important to set the pot-processing output depending on the software you want to use. If you want to use paraview, use the Ensight Gold format (by defualt). If you want to use Salome's post-pro module, change it to med (this is not shown on the video tutorial)